Verification is not required for selling bitcoin.
NairaEx will require your Bank Verification Number (BVN), Government-Issued Photo ID Card and Selfie holding Photo ID Card documents in order to validate your identity, protect our customers and to prevent fraud.
To start the verification process, Log in to your NairaEx account and Select "VERIFICATION" from the "Account Name" drop-down under your Name.
- Bank Verification Number (BVN) must correspond to information on your ID CARD
Bank Verification Number is a unique identification number that all Nigerian account holders irrespective of your bank, must enroll for as stipulated by CBN.
- Acceptable Government-Issued Photo ID
Nigerian International Passport.
Nigeria Driver’s license.
Nigeria Voters ID card.
Nigerian Residence or Work permit.
National I.D Card, Temporary cards are accepted and any other acceptable identification document deemed fit by NairaEx Support).
National Youth Service Corps/Student ID card.
- Selfie Verification
A picture of you holding your Photo ID card with today’s date and NairaEx written on a piece of paper.
Follow Instructions to avoid delay
- You can take a CLEAR picture on your phone or scan the documents.
- The document must be visible in its entirety.
- Directly face the camera
- Don't upload personal pictures as selfie, selfie must have NairaEx name written on the paper. (You can get someone to take pictures of you holding the ID card and NairaEx on a piece of paper)
- Ensure your face is fully visible in the light.
- Ensure your Photo ID is not obstructed by your fingers.
- Do not wear sunglasses or a hat.
- Do not use any photo editing software to alter the image.
- Once the verification documents are submitted, you'll hear back from us within 1 business day.
NairaEx uses the BVN database to validate customer identities and protect customers from identity theft and fraud.
We store all your personal information, including your BVN in a secure, encrypted form and we will not share this information with anyone who is not authorized by NairaEx to assist in the verification process.